The aftermath of the inauguration of the 8th Assembly with which Bukola Saraki and Yakubu Dogara were installed as the Senate President and Speaker of the House of Representatives could strain the relationship of President Muhammadu Buhari and Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
Here are 5 signs Buhari may dump tinubu
1. Legislative Control. It is so clear that President Muhammadu Buhari in no way tried to decide who becomes the leader of the national Assembly. Like the president said, he has ensured fairness and allow the legislators choose who leads them as stipulated by the constitution. However, it was obvious some other leaders including Bola Tinubu wanted to forcefully place Ahmed Lawan as the Senate President, but this did not manifest.
READ ALSO: Fulani Dominance And Tinubu’s Betrayal
2. Choice Of Ministers: There is a huge tendency that both Buhari and Tinubu will clash as some of the ministerial nominees preferred by Tinubu might be rejected which could spark a row between him and Buhari. As the days continue to count, Nigerians eagerly await the list of Ministers to be presented and forwarded to the National Assembly for confirmation. Although there had been rumour that some Governors had allegedly presented a list of ministers with which the president rejected.
3. Osinbajo Might Be Sidelined: As a matter of fact, Osinbajo is more of the only political appointee of Bola Tinubu in this present government. Especially as regards the events that just happened at the inauguration of the 8th Assembly. There is every possibility that the in-experienced lawyer could be sidelined.
4. Once A General Is Always A General: Although, president Muhammadu Buhari has made it clear that he should not be referred to as a ‘General’. He has ensured fairness so far but we all know he has a military background and he would definitely definitely cut-to-size every over bearing tendency of any individual.
5. Tinubu’s Over-Bearing Influence: Just like the events that happened at the National Assembly. It is evident that Bola Tinubu is becoming dictatorial in his mode of politicking. The Jagaban Borgu he is fondly called has a way of foistering his choice on the majority even when it is against public opinion. His refusal to accept and recognize Saraki also gave gives him out a politician who is doesn’t want his authority being challenged.
The leadership of the All Progressive Congress(APC) is set to meet to resolve the crisis.
The post 5 Signs Buhari Will Soon Dump Bola Tinubu appeared first on Naij News – Nigeria news | today's Breaking news & headlines..
Get more trends like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get latest Nigeria trends in your inbox.