CROSS River State Commissioner for Information and Orientation, Mr. Patrick Ugbe, has said this year’s edition of the 32-day long Calabar Festival would surpass the achievements of previous exercises.
Last year’s edition of the event recorded over 1.4 million visitors to the state and this year is expected to attract over two million people.
The event, which kicks off on November 30, 2011 and ends on January 1, 2012, has over the years grown in popularity and acceptance within and outside the country.
Ugbe said: “This year’s festival would be bigger and better than the previous ones we have had.”
The commissioner said part of the strategies to keep the event refreshing included the rebranding of the state’s tourism programme.”