NigeriaTrends: The First lady of Nigeria, Aisha Buhari has made a shocking revelation that she may not support her husband, President Muhammadu Buhari for second term if things doesn’t get better in 2019.
She made the statement during an interview with BBC Hausa, on Friday 14th October in Abuja with Nasiru Mikailu.
These were her words in quote:
“He is yet to tell me if he’ll contest in 2019 but i have decided as his wife, that if things continue like this up to 2019, i will not go out and campaign again and ask any woman to vote like i did before. I will never do it again.”
The First Lady also stated her husband does not know most of his top officials.
“The President does not know 45 out of his 50 for example of the people he appointed and i don’t know them either despite being his wife for 27 years.”
The President who has responded to what his wife said on BBC Interview had this to say on the issue:
“I don’t know which party my wife belongs to but she belongs to my kitchen and my living room and the other room.”
This news which has gone viral has attracted lots of negative comments from different individuals.
Some key facts about Aisha Buhari
- Born on 17 February 1971 in north-eastern Nigeria’s Adamawa state, Aisha Buhari is the granddaughter of the nation’s first Minister of Defence, Alhaji Muhammadu Ribadu.
- She married Muhammadu Buhari in 1989. They have five children together, a boy and four girls.
- In 1995 she opened the Hanzy Spa, northern Nigeria’s first beauty parlour, in Kaduna State, after obtaining a diploma in beauty therapy from the Carlton Institute in the UK.
- She published the book The Essentials of Beauty Therapy: A Complete Guide for Beauty Specialists in 2014.
- She is an advocate of human rights and has donated money to help the families of victims of Boko Haram after more than 250 girls were kidnapped by the militant group in 2014.
Get more trends like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get latest Nigeria trends in your inbox.