NigeriaTrends.com: Popular Nobel Laureate – Professor Wole Soyinka has confirmed he will keep to his word about tearing his Green Card on the Inauguration day of the 45th USA President – Donald Trump.
Last week, the Professor made the statement while giving a speech to the students of Oxford University in England.
According to him:
“If in the unlikely he does win, the first thing he will do is to say all Green Card holders must reapply to come back to US. Well, I’m not waiting for that. The moment they announce his victory, i will cut my Green Card myself and start packing up.” – Wole Soyinka
Yesterday November 9, Donald Trump was declared the elected president of the United States of America. The Nobel Laureate who was in support of Hillary Clinton made his first speech about the result of the election, during an interview.
Here are some of excerpts:
- Question: Did Donald Trump victory surprise you?
- Wole Soyinka: Not altogether. The possibility was looming nearer and nearer, scarier and scarier.
- Question: What do you think Trump’s victory means for the world especially Nigeria?
- Wole Soyinka: It has brought an already teetering world closer to the precipice.
- Question: Will you trash your Green Card as you reportedly said you would?
- Wole Soyinka: Come January 20 2017, watch my WOLEXIT (Donald Trump will be sworn in as the 45th President of the States on Friday January 20 2017).
Trump as the 45th U.S President promises to fight corruption, create jobs and bring economic prosperity for all Americans, to name a few. His presidential election win is said to be a movement; time will tell.
What words do you have for the Nobel Laureate – Professor Wole Soyinka about tearing his Green Card?
Get more trends like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get latest Nigeria trends in your inbox.